We are Hiring!
Posted on Saturday October 27, 2018 at 01:58PM
Library Assistant – Casual
Vilna Municipal & District Library
The Vilna Library seeks a friendly, energetic and creative casual employee as library assistant.
We are a member of Northern Lights Library Systems and part of the TRAC consortium. The Library is an integral part of the community and we take pride in providing excellent friendly service. We are looking for an individual who can work on a casual basis to cover shifts for the Library Manager at our Vilna branch, as well as our pop up library service in Goodfish Lake.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Assist patrons with material inquiries, holds, check ins/outs
• Maintain the library collection by putting back materials in the proper place, vacuuming, cleaning surfaces, taking out garbage, etc...
• Assist with interlibrary loans, emails, programs, memberships, and various administration duties are required
Qualifications and strengths
• Good interpersonal, time management and problem-solving skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Aptitude in web-based technologies
• Commitment to customer service
• Valid driver’s license and own transportation
• Ability to work flexible hours
Wage and Hours
• $15 per hour
• Casual, on-call basis
• Can includes evening and Saturday shifts
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 5:00 pm Friday, November 30, 2018
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Library Manager, Vilna Municipal & District Library
PO Box 119
Vilna, AB T0A 3L0
Author: Vilna Municipal Library